What is Mismatch?
Mismatch is a platform that makes it easy to schedule a virtual dialogue between students who are the political, racial, geographical, and socio-economic opposite of each other.
With Mismatch, teachers can organize a real life experience in civil discourse for their students in just 6 easy steps.
Sign-up and build
Sign-up and build your classroom profile.
Browse a list of classrooms ranked by how well you are mismatched.
Pick a time
Easily pick a time for the conversation with the other teacher.
Prep for the conversation using our simple checklist that covers tech, logistics and student preparation.
Follow our facilitation guide to hold real time, structured video conversations in groups of 2-6 students using transformative conversation guides that build understanding across differences.
Real World Experience
Students build dialogue, empathy and critical thinking skills through real world experience!
See potential matches for free.
Pay when you are ready to schedule a conversation.
2023 Discounted Pricing
Explore the Mismatch platform
- Create classroom profile
- Browse a list of classrooms you could match with
- Review available conversation guides
1 conversation credit
- Easily schedule a conversation with another classroom
- Hold real time, structured video conversations in groups of 2-6 students
- Students build dialogue, empathy and critical thinking skills through real world experience
5 conversation credits
- Flexibly use Mismatch in a single lesson, unit or throughout an entire school year
12 conversation credits
- Connect with different classrooms or build a relationship with another classroom miles away
Donate a Mismatch
conversation to a school
Apply for a Grant to
AllSides™ is a media technology and solutions company founded in 2012 that strengthens our democratic society with balanced news, media bias ratings, diverse perspectives, and real conversation.
Since 2010, Living Room Conversations works to heal society by connecting people across divides - politics, age, gender, race, nationality, and more – through guided conversations proven to build understanding and transform communities.
AllSides Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Director of Product
Executive Director of Living Room Conversations
Mismatch for Youth Leaders Coordinator
Content Intern at AllSides
Full Stack Web Developer